This post was originally published by Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard. Crown NorthCorp Inc. is the major shareholder and the manager of Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard. Click here to learn more about Crown NorthCorp’s investment activities, asset management capabilities, and experience in commercial real estate.
Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard is proud to announce a tremendous honor received from the Gig Harbor Chamber of Commerce. Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard was named Gig Harbor’s Business of the Year at the Chamber’s annual awards dinner on December 3.
Thank you very much, Gig Harbor Chamber of Commerce. We are very proud to receive this high honor and recognition of our efforts to be a dynamic partner with the Gig Harbor community.
Erin Abrigo, chairwoman of the Chamber of Commerce’s board of directors, presented Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard Managing Director Ron Roark with the award at the Chamber’s annual awards dinner gala. The event was held this past Saturday at Canterwood Golf & Country Club and included the Santa’s Castle toy drive with partner Joint Base Lewis-McChord.
Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard Honored to be Named Business of the Year at Chamber of Commerce’s Annual Awards Dinner
Each December the Chamber takes time out to reflect on the past year and celebrate “those who have helped make the Gig Harbor peninsula area a better place to live, work and play,” says the Chamber’s website about its annual awards dinner.
Attending the gala evening from Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard were Roark and his wife Jui Ling, Hospitality Manager Danielle Taylor and her husband Ben, and Boatyard Manager Mark Lindeman and his wife Jaye.
Ahead of the awards evening, Roark highlighted some of Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard’s many accomplishments and milestones achieved in 2016.
“Our reputation for quality workmanship has enticed many boating customers to once again buy local rather than use other boatyards in the South Sound,” he said, adding that the boatyard’s busy 50-metric ton Travelift has completed more than 431 haulouts this year.
“We were the Gold sponsor of the 2016 Wine & Food Festival and we participated with gusto in the Downtown Waterfront Alliance’s Sip & Stroll, Trick or Treat in the Harbor — giving out a boatload of candy — and Girls Night Out,” he continued.
Other 2016 highlights @ Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard ~
- The Northwest Maritime Academy @ the Boatyard attained full operational Coast Guard certification and graduated its first class
- Our popular event venue, The Club @ the Boatyard, continued to expand and is now booking events for 100 to 300 people into 2018
- Annual membership dues for The Club, now exceeding $4,000, are donated equally between Harbor WildWatch, the Gig Harbor Yacht Club Junior Sail Program and the Gig Harbor Canoe & Kayak Team
- Our spacious Guesthouse @ the Boatyard has supported more than 100 wedding parties, corporate retreats and family reunions
- We have developed an industry-leading website and social media program
- Our food trolley, JW @ the Boatyard, served over 16,000 meals in just a seven-month summer season
- We continue to partner with and support Gig Harbor Gondola and the Gig Harbor Dragon Boat Club
“We have truly created in 2016 a festive and inviting destination for residents and visitors alike to come on down and have FUN @ the Boatyard,” said Roark, in reflecting on Gig Harbor Marina & Boatyard’s journey to becoming Business of the Year.